Updated: May 10
Ooh, let me tell you about this recipe we're sharing. It's a Lebanese classic that's been passed down through generations of Lea's family. And let me tell you, it's so good, we're thanking our lucky stars she's sharing it with us! This dish is a delicious reminder of the heartwarming home cooking from Lea's grandmother. So not only are you getting a taste of authentic Lebanese cuisine, but you're also getting a big old serving of family tradition and love. It's like a warm hug in a bowl!
Time: 30 mins | Serves: 4-6
1 kilo green beans trimmed on both ends
5 large tomatoes (diced)
1 large onion (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon concentrated tomato paste
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Gently fry those onions in a tablespoon of olive oil, but don't let them get too saucy!
2. Add the garlic and keep that cooking on low heat until it's crushed to perfection.
3. When the onions start looking like they need a holiday in the sun, toss in those green beans, cover them up, and let them simmer to greatness.
4. While that's happening, grab a bowl and crush those tomatoes until they're as liquid as a teenage crush.
5. Add some concentrated tomato and olive oil to the mix and pour it over the green beans like a chef's kiss.
6. Cover it up again and let it all simmer for about 20 minutes, giving it a stir now and then for good measure.
And voila! You've got yourself a taste of Lebanese goodness that'll transport you straight to your grandma's kitchen.
~ Serve it as a main meal or side dish and it's sure to impress everyone around the table. But wait, there's more! Don't forget to grab some Lebanese bread to dip into this deliciousness and complete the experience. Trust me, you'll be in Green Bean heaven in no time!
Bon appétit bébé!
BENEFITS OF THIS MEAL
Ah, Lea's Lebanese Loubieh bi Zeit, the green bean dish that makes your taste buds dance the dabke! And the benefits? Let me tell you, it's like a full-body workout for your health. Here are the highlights:
Nutritious Love: Green beans are packed with vitamins and minerals, making them a healthy addition to any meal. And when combined with fresh tomatoes and olive oil, you're basically giving your body a big ol' hug.
Low-calorie, High-taste: Green beans are low in calories and high in fiber, making them a great option for anyone watching their waistline. But don't be fooled, these bad boys still pack a punch when it comes to flavor.
Heart-healthy: Olive oil, a key ingredient in this dish, is known for its heart-healthy properties. So, you can indulge in this tasty dish guilt-free.
Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy: This dish is simple to make and perfect for those who are short on time or cooking skills. Even Harry Potter could whip this up in no time!
Vegan-friendly: This dish is completely vegan, so it's perfect for anyone following a plant-based diet. And trust me, even carnivores will be begging for seconds.
So what are you waiting for? Whip up a batch of Lea's Loubieh bi Zeit and get ready to be transported to the vibrant streets of Beirut. Thanks to Lea's grandma xoxo
We’d love to hear about your experience with this recipe, leave a comment below!