Updated: May 10
Oh, how time flies! It's hard to believe that Queen Elizabeth II had reigned for 70 years. What an incredible milestone! Sadly, we lost this great queen in September 2022, but her legacy lives on. And what better way to celebrate her reign than with a dish fit for royalty? We've taken the original Coronation Chicken recipe from her 1952 coronation and given it a vegan twist, adding some of our favourite ingredients for a delicious fusion dish. Let's raise a fork in memory to the Queen and enjoy this recipe as a tribute to her everlasting impact on the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth.
Time: 20 minutes | Serves: 4 - 6
1 tablespoon olive oil
360g meat-free vegan chicken fillets (roughly chopped strips) (we used "Yolo Filets")
1 shot glass of white wine
4 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
2 tablespoon mango chutney
1 heaped tablespoon curry powder
150g dried raisins
300g dried apricots (roughly chopped into small pieces)
1 bunch coriander (roughly chopped)
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Let's give that meat-free chicken some love! On medium to high heat, gently fry it up in some olive oil until it's slightly browned and feeling fancy.
2. Next up, pour in a shot glass of white wine and let it mingle with the chicken for about 2 minutes. Then, let it all chill out and cool down on the side.
3. It's time to whip up the creamy base! Grab a mixing bowl and mix together the vegan mayonnaise, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Get ready for some flavor fireworks!
4. Now, let's add some zing to the mix! Toss in the mango chutney, dried raisins, dried apricots, coriander, and brown sugar. Trust me, this is going to be one tasty coronation sauce!
5. Finally, it's time to bring it all together. Add the cooked meat-free fillet to the coronation mixture and mix it up like it's the ultimate coronation dance party.
~ To complete the dish, serve it up with some cold cooked rice mixed with herbs or on a bed of mixed lettuce. It's time to treat yourself like royalty and indulge in this delicious vegan Coronation Chicken 2.0.
Bon appétit bébé!
BENEFITS OF THIS MEAL
Listen up, my vegan friends, vegetarian friends, and all in between! The benefits of this Vegan Coronation Meat-Free Chicken are truly mind-boggling! Here are just a few reasons why this dish is the best thing since sliced bread:
Meat-free: That's right, no animals were harmed in the making of this dish. So you can indulge in this flavorful meal without the guilt of harming our furry friends and our planet!
Packed with flavor: With ingredients like mango chutney, curry powder, and coriander, this dish is bursting with flavor that will make your taste buds do a happy dance.
Dried fruits: Dried raisins and apricots not only add a delicious sweetness but also come loaded with fiber, vitamins, and minerals, making it a healthy choice.
Versatile: This dish can be served in so many ways - on a bed of mixed lettuce, with some cold cooked rice mixed with herbs, or even as a sandwich filling.
Easy to make: With only a few steps, this dish is super easy to make, even for those who aren't kitchen-savvy.
Perfect for entertaining: Impress your friends and family with this colorful and flavorful dish that will have them asking for seconds.
Perfect for celebrations: In honor and in memory of Queen Elizabeth II, this dish is a tribute to her service and reign, making it a great option for celebratory meals or special occasions.
So what are you waiting for? Whip up a batch of this Vegan Coronation Meat-Free Chicken, and watch as your taste buds do the tango!
We’d love to hear about your experience with this recipe, leave a comment below!